The term “feelings” is an umbrella term as well as having a specific meaning.
- There are 3 kinds of feelings.
- The first feeling is an emotion, such as anger, joy, anxiety, depression, frustration and shame.
- The second feeling is a statement of the state of the relationship. Examples are disconnected, distant or alienated.
- The third feeling is the negative beliefs that you have about yourself. Examples of this are inadequacy, a failure, worthless, and incompetent.
- When you are in the world of feelings there are:
o no right or wrong
o no good or bad
o no agenda- only understanding
o no reality
o the only thing that matters is perception